October 29, 2009

Dreaming of a white Halloween








Starting on Wednesday we were hit by a major snow storm. It's rather tradition for it to snow on Halloween out here in Colorado but usually it is only an inch at the most. After Thursday my neighborhood ended up with 14 plus inches. Other areas in the foothills got between 3 and 4 feet.

I was scheduled to be off work anyways, so yesterday I got my snowshoes on and trekked about my neighborhood's paths and park. Never had done that before since we don't get much snow in the metro area. Every few years though we get dumped on like this storm. I'd expect it won't be the last snow we see this winter but may be the most.

The irony is that it'll be in the high 50's and low 60's a week from now in the metro area. Though it'll stay cold up in the high country. I'm going to try and go somewhere tomorrow to snowshoe and maybe head up north to Rocky Mountain National Park next Tuesday. Normally snowshoeing doesn't start until late Nov or early Dec and there's not this much snow until late December. Crazy - in a good way.

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger