June 11, 2009

Traps & Hunters...

Finished the inking of the cover illustration that I'm currently working on for Ted Kehoe's story Trip Trap which will be published in e-book format by Damnation Books

The illustration's subject matter is a bit outside my norm. It features an old creek bed and a bridge, which is a major location in the tale. I think it's turned out well. I think it is good to go outside of my comfort zone in terms of what I create for a piece of Art. Ted did agree to a certain amount of artistic license which still relates to the overall theme of the story, so it won't be a Roger Tory Peterson -esque piece once it is done.

Still waiting to hear back from Damnation Books to see if they want any changes made, but the color work should be starting soon. I'll put it up on the site when it's finished.

Yesterday, I picked up the latest issue of The Walking Dead. For awhile now the issues after the Prison arc were a bit of a disspointment. Rather anticlimatic - especially with The Herd (which amounted to the characters simply running/driving away). This issue begins the long hyped Fear the Hunter arc which Kirkman promised would shake things up a lot. I still find the newest character the priest extremely cliched. I'm hoping he either dies or Kirkman does something with him as far as development. Kirkman is supposedly an atheist/agnostic and I think the whole addage of 'write what you know' is coming back to haunt him with this religious character.

Yet, the latest issue is great because Carl, the young son of Rick, is finally starting to show both leadership abilities and form opinions of his own rather then being a shallow 'daddy's boy'. In some ways he's probably the strongest person mentally in the series. I think he's got a better grasp on things then his father. I really hope Rick dies soon since outside of Dale, he's the weakest character. I'd find it far more interest for Abe and/or Micchone to take Carl under their wing.

Also there's some actual zombie vs human combat/gore which is nice since it's been quite on that end. Of course the end, which I won't ruin for anyone that reads the series, made me laugh with glee - evil sadistic glee. Yeah, I'm defintely looking forward to the next 4 parts of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger